Black Hippy Chick

This is a blog partially about my life, partially about my philosophy, and partially about whatever I can throw in. Just don't take it too seriously. I am an evolving individual with evolving thoughts and ideals. You will see contradictions here becuase I believe in honesty and objectivity.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Is his name Brain Schiavo?

Brain Schiavo has made the decision to cremate Terri Schiavo. I don't know how her parents feel about this, but this allays any doubts that I had that maybe I was wrong in thinking that he was a heartless, adulterous, selfish jerk, and that maybe just maybe he was looking out for the best interest of Terri Schiavo. Not only has it convinced me that he is a terrible person, it also leads me to question whether he was capable of being a loving husband while she was alive, and furthermore despite reports that Mr Schiavo and Terri Schiavo's parents had cordial relations prior to Terri's illness, I seriously doubt mom thought Mr. Schiavo treated her daughter appropriately. I do know that if she believed that Mr. Schiavo had given her daughter the love and compassion she felt she deserved; she would have allowed the husband to make the decision. Instead she did not which leads me to believes that she feels that Mr. Schiavo in some way abused her daughter verbally in the least, and played on her insecurities.

The cremation of Terry Schiavo by her husband symbolizes to me that he at 40 something still wanted to see a 26 year old blonde extremely slim Terry. I think what he in his foolishness surrounding this whole case failed to realize is that marriage and love (or am I thinking of fairy tales) even according to the holy bible does not revolve around your physical appearance, your illnesses, but the ability for one person to feel duty, responsibility, empathy and sympathy for your fellow human being. Brain Schiavo did not feel this. Brian Schiavo did not feel the love that was appropriate for one human being to another. Brian Schiavo is one of those men who live for their penises. Mr. Schiavo if your penis falls off should we euthanize you. I think Mr. Schiavo's main point was that she can no longer be a full wife to me therefore she is a vegetable and dead. I think the courts in agreeing with him, reinforced the view that this society is highly anti-woman, and anti family. It reinforced the concept of eugenics and survival of the fittest which is sad. Out of this I would hope someone would legislate the definition of life, someone would say when you are officially dead or not, Terri Schiavo was not on life support she had a feeding tube to receive her meals. She was not Dead. To reinforce this Mr. Schiavo's own lawyers issued a statement: (not a quote) Terry Schiavo is almost dead her pulse is thready and she has not had a bowel movement in a day. "wow" Bottom line Terri Schiavo was murdered. Bottom Bottom Line Congress needs to legislate the definition of a living human being. It is so ironic we are now grappling with the question of When does life begin? Now we must as a society grapple and legislate when does life end. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Schindler for bringing this issue before the United States and the world? We now must legislate, what is death, if you had not brought this issue forth thousands, maybe millions would have died without a question. The medical professionals have defined life and death; somehow after the Terry Schiavo case I am less trustworthy of medical professionals and their definitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home