Black Hippy Chick

This is a blog partially about my life, partially about my philosophy, and partially about whatever I can throw in. Just don't take it too seriously. I am an evolving individual with evolving thoughts and ideals. You will see contradictions here becuase I believe in honesty and objectivity.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Live at Lincoln Center - Katrina

Words can not convey the emotions and the feelings last night that I felt while watching the Live at Lincoln center Katrina telethon on PBS.  As I watched the program I felt emotions within me that I thought were long dormant, long gone.  I felt the passion and the pride I had felt was long gone.  I felt a connection with a group that I never thought would be possible to feel again for as an adult I had exposed myself to individuals within African America who caused me to feel an intense dislike for my color. Ultimately I may have to realize it is not the culture or the people that make me skeptical it may be the place, be it a factor of my neighborhood and environment or the whole state I don’t know.  I just know that I want to feel trust towards people of color again that I know longer feel.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home