Black Hippy Chick

This is a blog partially about my life, partially about my philosophy, and partially about whatever I can throw in. Just don't take it too seriously. I am an evolving individual with evolving thoughts and ideals. You will see contradictions here becuase I believe in honesty and objectivity.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Location of Links and Blogging


For some reason various news outlets have been publishing different news articles pointing to the same hyperlink. For example an article is updated and instead of giving the updated article a hyperlink of its own a new article appears where the old article was. An example of this is when I linked to a BBC Article BBC NEWS Middle East UN warns on Mid-East 'war crimes' The hyperlink that I used to point to this article is no longer valid and now points to UN rights body backs Israel probe.

To further emphasize the problem here is a screen shot from a google search that I did of the first article still pointing to the old location, when you click on the article you get a different article all together. The article is still on the net but has been given a different address because the second listing is the actual article. This practice is essentially undermining the internet which is based on Hypertext, being able to obtain related information at a click.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home